Friday, March 12, 2010

Wet Feet and a Happy Heart.

So, today I was running to the post office on my lunch break to send out some Feather and Branch packages, and it's raining, and it's pouring. Then, SPLASH! Both feet go ankle deep into a dirty rain puddle. *yay* My feet were soaked AND my little gold flats were making that lovely *squeak squeak* sound, which is oh so charming. ;p I was not the happiest camper and my first thought was "Really?", but that gloomy feeling swiftly drifted away.
My thoughts have been on my etsy shop all day, everyday, for 4 days now. Don't get me wrong, the dream to open this shop has been with me for over 2 years , but now that it's actually here, I can't stop day dreaming.
On a normal day I would have been super bummed about jumping into that dirty, gross puddle, but not today. Today I laughed. I had just sent off several more packages to people who have purchased from my shop, and it's hard to be upset when your heart is so happy that others are supporting your dream. Whether it's by purchasing something or by sending me a kind note, those things MATTER to me.
I went back to work, put my tootsies near my little space heater and let the rain water dissipate. Wet feet or dry feet, my heart is happy no matter what, and I just wanted to share. ♥

--D

No comments:

Post a Comment